Today I want to talk to you about giving and why you should be giving more and why it is going to help your business in the long run if you give. Now, you don’t have to give money or a lot of time, you just have to give. It’s going to change you a little bit when you do that.
My number one goal for you at the end of this video is try to give something. You are going to see that once we go through this process, you are going to see that by giving, you are actually going to help other people and actually be benefiting yourself a lot more than you think. Let’s get started.
Why give more?
What are the main reasons of why you should give more?
- It helps other people. If you’re giving and you’re trying to only benefit yourself, that’s an ego-centric view. You got to be giving in order to help other people, whatever it is you are doing.
- It changes your mental state. We are going to go over that in the next slide more in detail, but it does change your psychological state when you are giving things to people.
- It creates good will. By giving other people items, things, time, whatever it may be, you create a “good will bubble” around your company. By creating this “good will bubble,” you start creating an organic, viral marketing tactic where other people start writing articles and press releases about you. It creates a little hemisphere around your company and lifts it up.
Let’s talk about the giving mentality. This is what relates to your psychological state. This is how it is going to benefit your company so much. In the end, you are going to be able to make smarter and better decisions. Let’s see how it starts:
- You give. By giving, you’re going to be able to feel more powerful. Once you feel more powerful, you feel more confident. With confidence, you create better business decisions, and with better business decisions, you create success. That’s the long loop of things, how giving turns to success. If you are not giving enough or only giving a slight little bit here and there, that means it is not impacting psychologically or you do not have any thoughts or feelings regarding it. Give a lot more and your psychological state should change. You will feel a lot more confident. You will be able to actually generate that extra success behind it because you are creating value to your company. By creating that value, you are going to lift everything.
What can I give?
Tangible items, such as books, media, print materials, clothing, furniture, whatever it may be.
Time. I love giving time because we are all limited on time. I think one of the most valuable things is time. You can have all the money in the world, but you’ll still never have enough time in the day. Everyone only gets 24 hours in a day no matter what.
Money. although it’s not my favorite thing to do. Some people take it for granted or use it for things that I wouldn’t have them use my money for, but it is still a viable option.
You can give tangible things, time, and money. All those are viable. Take a chance, pick one, and do it by the end of this video. Figure something out.
How much and how often should you give?
It’s always a question that is going to be asked.
- This is going to depend a lot on you and your situation. You are going to have to evaluate where you’re at. If you’re in a good position, obviously you can give more. If you’re not in the greatest position, then you can give a little bit less. You can still give. Do not give up. You can still give your time even if you do not have a lot of money.
- Give enough to where you feel confident and powerful to where you’re going to create that mental status of success, but not too much to where that is actually going to hinder you. Some people go to the extremes where they give so much that they are now the ones that need the help. You do not want to do that. You do not want to have a burden that you gave too much that now you need help.
- Give enough to where you still feel confident and powerful by helping someone else, but do not overdo it to where it leaves you in a bad state. Do not give more than you can handle.
What I want you to do is to take this challenge go out and give something back to the community. Whether it’s your time, such as making a video like this and posting it to help other people, or going out and painting someone’s house, or giving a free educational lesson on whatever you know, take a chance. Go give them something. If you see somebody on the street that needs help, help them out. Remove the ego from you, and go ahead and give.
If you have given things back to your business community in the past or have tips on giving, please share them below.
Resources & Helpful Tools
[thirstylink linkid=”5545″ linktext=”” class=”afflink” title=”Business Launch Pad book”]
[thirstylink linkid=”6006″ linktext=”” class=”afflink” title=”Marketing Your Blog Business”]